May 21, 2013

Rifampin blocks RNA Polymerase.

Okay, so I think I was being a tad melodramatic. True, this level of stress and constant cramming is incredibly dangerous to my health: I have lesions on the mucous membrane of my mouth, I bruise much more readily than ever before, I see so few people that I talk to myself and drag my teddy bear everywhere I go for companionship.
So I lied to myself. I'm going to pass step 1. Now I'm just studying. Not for a good score. Not to pass. But simply to learn. And it is fun. I'll tell you why:
There are fundamental concepts I just don't understand--never understood them--but now I have a chance to solidify the simplest things, and hopefully memorizing from this point will get easier as I develop a stronger framework.
I should have anticipated this earlier--I barely passed all my classes last year. UWorld tells me my worst subject is Physiology. Uh... what?That's not good! Physio is pretty much everything in medicine without a proper name (because pathology is actually everything in medicine, but it's just so obnoxious with all of it's diseases named after now dead jerks). So now I'm just focusing on physiology for a few more days than I originally planned. And I feel like that'll be alright.
Honestly, I just want to sound like I know what I'm taking about--even if it's just vaguely--when I step into surgery July 1st.
Speaking of....!!! I finally know the difference between prothrombim time, partial prothrombin time, and bleeding time! It was so simple I don't understand how biochemistry AND pathology overexplained it to a point where it didn't make sense. But it's probably also my fault, considering I thought plasma cells were platelets until recently. I AM DUMB.
For know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say absolutely whatever, whenever.