Apr 19, 2013

Board Review Friday

Systems. I'm going to do this by system. Or by subject. But mostly system. I'm going to get really excited and read library books, and draw multicolored pictures, and ask good questions, and find good answers on Wikipedia, about the following subjects in their following order:

  1. Immunology
  2. Cardiovascular
  3. Respiratory
  4. Peripheral Nervous System (Autonomics)
  5. Anatomy
  6. Endocrine
  7. Reproductive
  8. Liver
  9. Biochemistry
  10. Renal
  11. Gastrointestinal
  12. Central Nervous System
  13. Microbiology
  14. Pathology
  15. Pharmacology
Just kidding. There's no way I'm going to follow any structure, whatsoever. A lot of third and fourth year students kept telling everyone: find a study system that works for you, and stick to it. I'm good on that first part. I've found many systems for studying. But I can't seem to stick to any of them. 

However, that being said, I did spend four hours in the library the other day, just reading about B cells and T cells, and it was a ton of fun. I am not being sarcastic. Thoroughly enjoyable. 

I like reading books. I like asking myself questions. And I like drawing diagrams. Hopefully by the time this is over, I will have a cute compendium of colorful notes that I can keep for years and years and share with the next generation of Apantaku's when some of them start going to medical school. And they can laugh or learn from what I will have learned in the next 42 days.

Wait. 42 days?! That's only 6 weeks! That's only one-thousand-and-eight hours. Actually, because it's 4 pm, it's only 992 hours! Terrifying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say absolutely whatever, whenever.