Feb 27, 2013

God I Suck at This (Board Review Tuesday)

So I missed Board Review Tuesday again. Maybe I should call it Board Review Wednesday and cut my losses.

Panic set in for the first time over my spring break (last week). This was probably due to a few of my classmates posting up pictures of the library to Facebook whilst complaining about how much they were studying.

I still am not 100% sure of how exactly I am going to study for boards, but I have an idea: I will write my own notes for each system of the body. System based learning done the right way because it will be personalized to me.

To start off each section, I would re-familiarize myself with anatomy and physiology of the system. Then I would discuss pathology, including microbiology and immunology if relevant to a specific condition. Finally, I would end with pharmacology and other treatments for the condition.

Hey! This could actually work! Of course, that's what I said about CramFighter, and I'm not really using it anymore.

I mentioned this to a friend--and it seemed like one of the truer things I have ever said--but essentially, the inexplicable feeling of doom that accompanies pancreatic cancer is exactly how I feel about boards. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong, I'm not exactly sure what I should fix: all I know is that I am screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say absolutely whatever, whenever.