Jan 25, 2014

Dream Office #1

I'm in love with family medicine, most likely because I want to have my own little clinic. Which means I spend a lot of time fantasizing what my future clinic will look like. And how I can differentiate myself from other doctor's offices. Because I don't want to just be a competent doctor. I WANT TO BE THE COOLEST PHYSICIAN IN AMERICA.

Okay. Idea. My favorite part of life is essentially educating patients. But I can't talk to everyone about everything. WHAT IF....

I designed a website with patient education materials specific to whatever city/town/region I was working in... like, if we still haven't gotten a handle on pharmaceutical costs, where you can get the cheapest diabetic supplies without a prescription. But then it would also have a lot of information about the disease (e.g. diabetes), and then specifically it would be handled by one of my "uber patients." A well informed patient who agreed to help others with their disease. They'd update the disease page as if it was their own blog, and maybe they'd even stay uptodate... lol, with current management and disease breakthroughs. And then they could chat with my other patients who had been recently diagnosed. Maybe even form a support group that could meet IRL occasionally. And if they had any questions about management that they couldn't answer, they could e-mail me and I could respond back.

That would be... super fun. Also, super empowering. I wish I had a support group for my diabetes. We could have contests to see who could have the lowest A1c. We could talk about the best ways to make sure you always have sugar on you. I could find out more about insulin pumps. I mean, seriously. This could be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say absolutely whatever, whenever.